Auto Shows 45
Cars are always present in people’s daily lives since they were first invented in the 1880s. Back then, cars were expensive luxuries that only rich people could afford. It was the year 1908 when cars were first made affordable by Henry Ford. This move led to the distribution of vehicles to the general public. This move also popularized vehicles because of their usefulness and performance. Today, vehicles are popular because they are considered as embodiments of a person’s wealth. Many car manufacturers use this premise to make more luxurious vehicles that bring something new to the table every year. They are annually highlighted at the grandest stage of vehicle exhibition known as the Detroit Auto Show. In this article, we will talk about the 2014 Detroit Auto Show including new vehicles, news, and the show’s highlights.
The 2014 Detroit Auto Show was held from January 13 until January 26. During these days, numerous events took place at the location with the first five days reserved for different previews and the remaining 9 days open to the public. There are a total of 35 car introductions in the entire event. The introductions are categorized as concept car, production car, and race car. The production car category consisted of 21 vehicles that received different improvements that enhanced their looks, performance, and design. The concept car category consisted of 12 vehicles that define the current engineering marvels of their respective brands. The vehicles under this category are arguably the most awaited vehicles in the entire show. The race car category only consisted of 2 vehicles but nevertheless impressed attendees because of the sheer and raw power that the vehicles possessed.
The main event of the entire vehicle exhibition is the awarding ceremony. The awards for the event include “Car of the Year”, “Truck of the Year”, “Best Production Vehicle”, “Best Concept Vehicle”, and “Best Use of Colours, Graphics, and Materials”. The winner for the Car of the Year award is the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray while the Truck of the Year award went to the Chevrolet Silverado. The 2015 Ford Mustang received the Best Production Vehicle award while the Volvo Concept XC Coupe won both the Best Concept Vehicle award and the Best Use of Colours, Graphics, and Materials award.
The highlight of the 2014 Detroit Auto Show is the unveiling and introduction of vehicles to the public. Generally, this is the most awaited portion of the event because of the hype the vehicles got as well as the numerous teasers that companies release prior to the event. In this year’s Auto Show, the 2015 Corvette Z06 is considered as having the best highlight because it combines a powerful engine with a swift and dexterous body.
Another highlight of the event is the unveiling and introduction of Kia’s GT4 Stinger concept and Toyota’s FT-1 concept. Both of these vehicles are classified as sports cars, meaning their design and performance generally appeal to the public. These two vehicles are also surprise entrants to the event since Kia and Toyota released trailers for their respective vehicles only within months of the Auto Show. Aside from these vehicles, other concept cars that generated tremendous hype include the North American debut of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe Concept, the Volvo Concept XC Coupe, the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rogue concept, and the Acura TLX Prototype.
Concept cars aside, the Detroit Auto Show also focused its spotlight on production vehicles, especially on the 2015 Ford Mustang, the 2015 Lexus RCF, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, the 2015 Porsche 911 Targa, and the 2015 Subaru WRX STI. These vehicles received either a facelift or a performance overhaul resulting to their presence in the Auto Show. There is also a highlight on vehicular technology introduced by Audi and Nissan. Audi introduced their all road shooting brake, while Nissan introduced their IDx Free flow system and IDx NISMO debut for the United States market. It is expected that these technologies would be added to the vehicles of their respected brands within this year.
Even though the vehicles in the event are categorized as production, concept, and race, it is better to list these vehicles according to their brands since it would help determine what brands have stepped up a notch in this year’s Auto Show. Audi introduced their 2015 models – the Audi A8 and Audi Q3. Both of these vehicles had facelifts and are set for a United States release this year. BMW introduced their 2014 model for the BMW 2 Series and 2015 models for the BMW M3 and BMW M4. Cadillac also makes an appearance in the show via their release of the 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe.
Chevrolet, on the other hand made their mark on the show with the introduction of the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, its variant – the C7 R, and the 2015 Camaro. Of all the vehicles in the event, the Corvette Stingray is easily the best because of its massive horsepower and elegant design. Chrysler and GMC also made an appearance in the event with the Chrysler 200 and GMC Canyon respectively. Ford introduced the 2015 Ford F-150 and their very popular Ford Mustang. The 2015 Ford Mustang received a major facelift and has been on the receiving end of paparazzi photos ever since Ford announced that the Mustang will have a new design. Honda and Hyundai introduced their Fit and Genesis, respectively, while Kia and Infiniti released their Q50 and GT4 Stinger concept vehicles, respectively.
Lexus introduced their 2015 models for the RC and the sportier RCF. Mercedes-Benz introduced their budget friendly 2015 C-Class, the GLA 45 AMG crossover, and the S600 executive car. Mercedes-Benz also introduced their S-Class coupe concept for the US market. Porsche introduced the 2015 911 Targa while Subaru introduced the 2015 WRX STI. Both of these vehicles received design and performance upgrades. Volkswagen introduced several cars, namely the 2015 Golf R, the Beetle Dune, and the Passat BlueMotion Concept. Near the end of the list is Acura’s TLX and TLX GT followed by the Mini John Cooper Works Concept. The last 3 vehicles on this list are Nissan’s Sports Sedan Concept, the Toyota FT-1, and the Volvo Concept XC Coupe.
In every country, auto shows are some of the best highlights that many people – especially car aficionados – look forward to during a particular time of the year. These auto shows are held all year round in many parts of the United States as well as the rest of the world during varying months.
In the U.S., some of the more noteworthy auto shows include the CES, Chicago Auto Show, Detroit Auto Show, LA Auto Show, New York Auto Show, and the SEMA Show, among others. In other parts of the world, some of the more notable shows include the Beijing Motor Show, Frankfurt Auto Show, Geneva Motor Show, MISC Motor Show, Paris Motor Show, Shanghai Motor Show, Tokyo Auto Salon, and Tokyo Motor Show.
Most auto shows have their share of highlights. In the Chicago Auto Show, BMW and Mazda are set to unveil new 2015 models. BMW will introduce to the United States the very first diesel 7 Series for a starting price of $82,500. Features of this luxury car include a 3.0-liter engine that produces 255 horsepower and a 413 lb. ft. of torque that peaks from 1,500 to 3,000 rpm. What makes this model special is that is improved by 25 to 30 percent over its gasoline-powered siblings. The 740Ld xDrive can get up to 24.7 miles a gallon in the city and, on the highway, it can get up to 36.4 mpg.
One of the much anticipated unveilings at the Chicago Auto Show is the introduction of the Mazda MX-5 Miata (fourth generation). With a curb weight of 2,420 lbs (1,100 kg), the next-generation Mazda Miata is the lightest in its class. Moreover, the engine capacities are from 1.5 litres to 2.0 litres across its variants.
The 2014 New York Auto Show is one of those auto shows set to unveil several models across all vehicle types. Some of these include the Kia 2015 Sedona minivan, the 2015 Hyundai Sonata, and the BMW X4, among other models. The 2015 Sedona has derived its styling from the 2012 KV7 concept and will feature more interior appointments and even more refined drivetrains. Some of these additions include rear-seat entertainment and the latest UVO infotainment system.
Meanwhile, the international auto shows are set to showcase vehicles from Europe and Asia while still showcasing brands from the Americas. At the Geneva Auto Show, German vehicle manufacturer Audi is set to unveil several models. The Audi TT is generating a lot of buzz. Also set to debut in Geneva is the Audi S1 hot hatch. The S1 boasts of a 2.0-liter turbo engine with 4 cylinders. The S1 is also set to have a 6-speed dual-clutch transmission that will drive all of its four wheels.
Volkswagen’s Seat brand is set to unveil its Leon Cupra, which is driven by Volkswagen’s 2.0-liter TSI turbo four engine. Buyers from Europe can also choose from three- and five-door variants and from either a dual-clutch gearbox or a 6-speed manual. Peugeot is also not to be left behind as it is set to introduce the 308 SW. The new Peugeot wagon may come in a range of four-cylinder diesel and gasoline engines.
One of most anticipated auto shows is the Beijing Motor Show, which is set to feature new models from European and Asian brands. One of the car models rumored to be introduced at the 2014 event is the Volkswagen Golf R Evo, which is set to be the Volkswagen Golf R’s faster and lighter sibling. The Evo is rumored to have a carbon fiber (CF) roof as well as having CF in the bodywork. The Evo is also rumored to have thinner bucket seats up front, roll cage (rather than rear seats), and lighter wheels. The Evo is also slated to have 50 horsepower and 44 more lb. ft. of torque than the Golf R.
The Paris Motor Show is one of the auto shows set to reveal one of Jaguar’s latest offerings, which is rumored to be called the XS. This sedan is expected to be one of the first Jaguar models to use Jaguar’s new aluminum platform used by the C-X17. The last Frankfurt Auto Show witnessed the unveiling of the Fiat 500 Abarth, which has side skirts, new rear and front fascias, bulging fender flares, 18 inch alloy wheels, huge rear spoilers, and exhaust pipes that poke from the diffuser/bumper.
The Montreal Auto Show is one of those auto shows that do not capture a lot of international attention, but it is one of the auto shows to showcase a wide variety of brands across all budgetary needs. One of the cars to be unveiled in North America is the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan.
Start-up automakers also get to shine in these auto shows and exhibits. One of these British start-up companies is Zenos. Unveiled at the Autosport International show is the innovative Zenos E10. The windowless and roofless roadster is crafted around an aluminum and carbon monocoque and reinforced with steel. The Zenos E10 has also adornments of removable bodywork. The Zenos E10 has a Ford-sourced 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and is tuned to transfer about 200 horsepower via a 5-speed transmission.
Unveiled at the Guangzhou Motor Show is the 2014 Fiat Ottimo, which is a hatchback variant of the Fiat Viaggio. The Ottimo boasts of its exciting and distinct look with L-shaped running lights and an all-new front fascia.
Current auto shows feature updates that have not yet been conceptualized in previous auto shows and exhibits. For example, a car with a carbon fiber body may have been shown at a current exhibit but was not shown at a previous show as carbon fiber technology has not yet been perfected.
Likewise, future auto shows may feature cars that are out of this world and may use technologies that no current technology aficionados could think about. These auto shows are a grand testament of progress and an exhibition of human ingenuity. Each show raises the standard of technology and a show for a particular year sees a lot of improvements the following year. These auto shows have always been a part of international culture and these auto shows are a good way of showing international unity.
The Geneva Motor Show is one of the world’s most prestigious car show in the world. All the biggest marques and personalities of the automotive world are routinely present here, providing onlookers a peek of the present and future of automotive excellence. From prototypes to future production models, the 2013 Geneva Motor Show is packed with all the best of what the automotive companies have to offer. Here are some of the best cars that made their debut in this iconic car show at Geneva.
1. Volkswagen Golf MK VII- The seventh-generation Volkswagen Golf is scheduled to be released as a 2014 model. This next-gen model first made its debut at Geneva in GTI trim. The seventh iteration of the legendary Golf features sharper lines and stronger performance. Even better, the GTD, essentially a diesel-powered version of the GTI, will finally make it to other countries, most notably the United States. Truly, fans of the Volkswagen Golf will come out happy from this development.
2. Citroen DS3 Racing- France knows a thing or two about building super-hot hatches, with names such as the Renault 5, Peugeot 205 Turbo 16, and the Renault Clio Sport just some of the examples. Citroen joins in the fun with the DS3 Racing which made its debut in the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. Essentially a road-going version of the DS3 R3 race car, it features a 207-hp turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, a tuned suspension, and the use of carbon fiber in different parts of the body. It’s slated to be a limited release, with 2400 cars planned for production.
3. Audi RS6 Avant- The third-generation super-estate that debuted in this car show comes with a number of changes. The engine was downsized from 10 cylinders to 8 cylinders, which promises both improved fuel economy and light weight. However, there’s not even a shade of performance drop, as this twin-turbocharged V8 with FSI is capable of generating 560 horsepower. Combine this with a lighter curb weight, improved aerodynamics, an 8-speed Tiptronic transmission, and massive wheels and brakes, and this RS6 promises to lay its claim as the best station wagon in the world.
4. Toyota 86 Open- This car is essentially a convertible version of the popular Toyota 86/Scion FR-S. Guised as a concept, there are all kinds of reasons to believe that this Geneva car show debutant will eventually make it to production. Ready to take on the best compact convertibles such as the Mazda MX-5 and the BMW Z4, the Toyota 86 Open promises to bring affordable and quick droptop fun for everyone. Based by reception, it’s almost a no-brainer that this car will soon find its way to showrooms.
5. Porsche 911 GT3- Everybody’s favorite track-ready road car is back. Essentially the road-version of the world-beating 911 GT3 race cars campaigning in tracks around the world, this GT3 distinguishes itself from the crowd with its aggressive body panels and center-lock wheels. Utilizing the new 991 architecture, it features a high-powered normally aspirated engine, a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, and rear-wheel steering. This new version of the 911 GT3 promises to be a strong performer right out of the box.
6. Alfa Romeo 4C- This compact sports car is one of the biggest attention grabbers during the 2013 Geneva car show. Featuring a compact frame and a mid-engine configuration, the 4C promises to provide competition to contemporaries such as the Lotus Elise. The body is composed of mostly carbon fiber for light weight. A turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with max output of 240 horsepower is mated to a six-speed dual clutch transmission, promising great acceleration. The 4C promises to continue Alfa Romeo’s recent resurgence.
7. Chevrolet Corvette Convertible- The seventh-generation of America’s favorite muscle car is also coming in convertible form. And based on the crowd’s reaction towards it, the “Stingray” is bound to be one of the sexiest convertibles to hit the market in 2014. The automatic top can be operated in speeds up to 30 miles per hour, and can be deployed within 21 seconds. With higher structural rigidity compared to the C6 and a host of specs including a 450-horsepower V8, the C7 Corvette Convertible promises to be one of the most competent topless sports cars for 2014 and beyond.
8. Ferrari LaFerrari- This is definitely one of the most notable models in this car show. Slated as the next-generation Ferrari hypercar, it is a limited-production vehicle with production limited to only about 500 models worldwide. For the first time ever in a production Ferrari, the LaFerrari is equipped with a hybrid powertrain that helps in improving fuel economy and reduced emissions. Even better, the hybrid system even increases performance, with maximum output rated at a massive 950 horsepower. The LaFerrari can turn out to be the definitive supercar of the decade, and can also signify the future of Ferrari as a brand.
9. McLaren P1- The successor to the legendary McLaren F1 made its debut in this car show. The creators of the P1 aim no less than to make this supercar one of the best ever. Crafted using McLaren’s expansive Formula 1 experience, it features all the latest and greatest go-fast technologies available. It is a hybrid car, featuring a compact 3.6 liter twin-turbo V8 engine and a power-boosting electric motor system. With a maximum output of 900 horsepower, it allows this car to achieve mindblowing performance both on the road and on the track.
10. Lamborghini Veneno- This is the most expensive and most exclusive Lamborghini ever made. Based on the Aventador, it features modifications that make it a completely unique vehicle. With its body shell and chassis composed of almost exclusively carbon fiber, it has the looks to attract all kinds of stares and the aerodynamics to sustain incredible speed. A modified 6.5 liter V12 engine produces 740 horsepower, propelling the Veneno to a maximum speed of more than 220 miles per hour. Only 3 copies of this car will be produced, and each is priced at a whopping 4 million dollars.
These are just 10 of the best cars that made it in the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. Not only does it show that the future is bright for automobiles, but it also affirms the status of the Geneva Motor Show as perhaps the world’s most important car show.
Entering its second decade with its 11th edition this 2014, the Top Marques Monaco is one of the most famous and exclusive shows featuring supercars from a range of makers. This show presents the most up-to-date technology and impeccable styling in cars at the peak of their performance. This edition of the show will be held over Easter weekend at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco.
The Top Marques Monaco is also under the patronage of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco. For its VIP visitors, one of the draws of the show is the fact that they can test drive the supercars on the Monaco Grand Prix circuit that is privatized just for the event. This means that they can test-drive the cars on the famous F1 track that is notoriously demanding. This is an event that is not just billed as an exclusive luxury show where its well-heeled visitors can buy supercars from the big names in the industry, but also as the event where a variety of aspects of the luxurious lifestyle will be well represented.
One of the leading players in the field of European finance, The Edmond de Rothschild Group, is the title partner of the Top Marques Monaco for the second year in the row. Visitors can expect that the 2014 show will be even more grand, luxurious, and extravagant.
A number of supercars have already announced the presence at this year’s Top Marques Monaco. These include:
The Art of Pagani Automobili, where they apply the Renaissance principles of the joint use of arts and science. An aggressive but elegant vehicle that has taken eight years to develop, it has an exclusive Mercedes-AMG engine that is capable of producing 730hp and some 1000 NM of torque. Expect that this supercar will set a new standard for design and engineering among supercars during the Top Marques Monaco.
Then there is also the GTA Spano that is said to combine automotive technology with elegance and sportsmanship. It is said that this is a true sports car that fulfills all the dreams of the director Domingo Ochoa. This is a very exclusive car, with only 99 units in the world, and has features like a glass roof that has an exclusive lighting and a system for opaqueness, a chassis that is composed of titanium, Kevlar, and carbon fiber. The engine produces 820 hp, 960 NM of torque and has a maximum speed of 350 kph.
The return of the Mazzanti Automobili can also be expected at the Top Marques Monaco for the fourth time. It will be bringing the Evantra, that comes in an aerodynamic package built from carbon fiber. H.S.H. Prince Albert II first unveiled the Evantra in the 2013 edition of the show and it will return for this year’s event.
A large number of the most prestigious names in the automotive industry can also be expected to be present in this year’s Top Marques Monaco. The height of automobile luxury, supercars and sports cars, from the big names in the industry will be present at the show for all the visitors to peruse and even test drive.
Among the announced events to be expected during the Top Marques Monaco is the world premiere of no less than three supercar launches. For the first time ever in the 11 years of having this supercar show, there will also be a Classic Cars category. This is to complement a luxury section of vintage watches from big names like Jaeger leCoultre, Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, and Rolex.
Beyond being just a car show, the Top Marques Monaco also have a number of other luxury items that pair well with these luxurious cars present at the show. These include watches and jewels, other luxury exhibitors, and superboats.
There will be even more superboats at the Top Marques Monaco this year, with brands such as Abarth and Ferrari. There will even be an exclusive submarine that is capable of carrying two passengers.
The watch pavilion is to be anchored by the Swiss luxury watchmaker, Franck Muller. Top Marques Monaco will present the Giga Tourbillion, a large tourbillion that is powered by four barrels rather than the traditional one or two barrels. This large Tourbillion, which is 20 mm in diameter, is the most pronounced feature of the Giga and takes up half of the watch.
The Sacs Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari is a superboat that brings the luxury and thrill of the Ferrarri onto the seas will also be present at the Top Marques Monaco. This powerful boat is capable of speeds upwards of 40 knots and with its limited number, only a few will be able to own it.
Also present at the Top Marques Monacoi John & Table features tables that are designed like sports cars, composed of black carbon fiber and surpasses those that come before it in every sense of the word. Each product they produce is unique and built to individual specifications.
The Top Marques Monaco is also a show for the ladies; with a large selection of jewelers that represent the best of jewel accessories. Among the brands to expect is Sabbadini, a top maker of Italian jewelry. HD Rare and Unique will also be there with collections chosen by Davide Halevim. There will also be an abundance of shoes, with a dazzling selection from the designer that every woman wants, Mercedeh.
The organizers of the Top Marques Monaco want to make the show attractive to all members of the family. There will be a foosball table from Teckell that is made from crystal glass and aluminum making an especially gorgeous and luxurious foosball game for the teens. There will also be a section for water toys, including brands such as Luxury Water Toys and Wokart at the Top Marques Monaco event. Luxury Water Toys will be bringing their Jet surf, one of the most powerful powered surfboards and Wokart is a designer craft that brings the feeling of driving into the water. 43 Milano will also be showing their bespoke bicycles at the show.
The Top Marques Monaco is more than just an event that showcases the very best of luxury automobiles, such as sports cars and supercars; it is also the place for the women and the kids and kids-at-heart to see the luxuries available to them in all the different aspects of their lifestyle. All in all, this event is something that must not be missed.
Car shows have always been an important institution for the automotive community. Not only do they serve as a showcase for both car manufacturers and owners, but it also serves as an opportunity for enthusiasts to see the past, the present, and the future of the automotive industry. However, some shows carry more weight than others. Due to a combination of history, participants, and patrons, some car shows are more than just car shows. One of the shows that can be lumped in that rarefied territory is Autosalon Genf. What is this show all about and what can you expect to come in its 2014 iteration?
Autosalon Genf is considered as one of the most important car shows in the world. In fact, some analysts believe that this is the world’s most significant car show. Better known as the Geneva Motor Show, this event is held annually at Geneva, Switzerland. With its 84th iteration scheduled this year, this show will certainly house the who’s who of the automotive world under one roof. Before going further, one must answer this question: why is Autosalon Genf such a significant event in the automobile calendar? Here are just some of the answers.
- It has massive history- The Geneva Motor Show housed just about every significant car that passed the annals of automotive history. The evolution of the internal combustion engine-driven machine was virtually documented by each holding of this show, but it also housed cars using alternative powertrains, ranging from today’s hybrid engines to the steam engines coming from a century ago. This show has seen the debut of legendary car models, and it has also seen the introduction of automotive technologies being used up to this day.
- It congregates all the best car brands- Autosalon Genf is highly reputed for it brings just about every car brand, major or minor, from around the world, together under 1 roof. This has something to do with the show’s history, but it also has something to do with geography. Shows such as the Tokyo Auto Show and the Detroit Auto Show tend to showcase their nation’s own cars more extensively (Japan and USA, respectively). However, it can be said that the playing field is even at Geneva. This can perhaps be owed to the fact that Switzerland can’t really claim to have its own automotive industry. Because of these circumstances, you’re likely to see more variety in this show.
- It shows the present and the future of the automobile- Autosalon Genf is considered to be a showcase for everything related to the automobile. This show is known to be a showcase of cars you’re about to see on roads around the world. Various automobiles, ranging from legendary models entering their next cycle of production to supercars that defy what’s possible for a production automobile, regularly make their debut in Geneva. Also, prototypes that showcase technologies you’ll see on the road in the future or showcase potential plans for car manufacturers are also present, capturing the imagination of both fans and analysts alike.
- It showcases more than just automobiles- Autosalon Genf is more than just about cars. It is also a celebration of the automotive industry as a whole. One of the major attractions in this show is the introduction of significant partnerships, technical breakthroughs, and technological updates. It also allows people to get up close and even have discussions with the bigwigs and policy makers responsible for shaping the world’s automotive industry. These side events give people a better view of the big picture of what’s going on in the world of cars.
Those are just some of the reasons why Autosalon Genf is unlike any other car show in the world. Every year, something interesting happens that add to the legend of this car show. The 2014 version of the Geneva Motor Show promises to bring all the thrills enjoyed by its fans for more than a century already. While much of the details about the upcoming show is still shrouded in mystery (after all, even big car companies are known to love surprises), there are some information being linked about potential participants. And if these “sneak previews” are to be followed, it’s realistic to expect that Autosalon Genf will once again be filled with highlights.
The following are some of the cars expected to grace Geneva Palexpo, the home of the Geneva Motor Show. This is just a partial list of some of the cars confirmed to appear in the 2014 Autosalon Genf. More cars and prototypes are expected to be announced between now and March 6, the official start of the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, and more are expected to be unveiled by surprise. Regardless, here are some of the cars that are confirmed (or at least rumored) to make an appearance in Geneva.
- Audi TT- The third-generation Audi TT is scheduled to be unveiled at the 2014 Autosalon Genf. This popular sports car, available in coupe and convertible variants, has been wildly successful around the world. This fully-new model, expected to be unveiled as a 2015 model, is armed with all kinds of changes both inside and out. While other details are still under wraps, it is easy to expect that this car will be one of the biggest attractions come show time.
- Audi A1 and S1- The A1, Audi’s entry in the subcompact market, is scheduled for a minor facelift. This update will be shown to the world at the 2014 Autosalon Genf. Updates are not just skin-deep, as revisions in both the interior and chassis are scheduled to be made as well. Equally anticipated is the release of the S1, the tuned version of the A1. Designed to give hot hatches all over the world a run for their money, it’s reported to be armed with Audi’s Quattro 4-wheel drive system and the 230 horsepower engine used in the S3.
- BMW 2-Series Active Tourer- The new 2-Series is about to have a new station wagon variant. The body frame may remind some people of the X-Series crossover SUVs due to its design, but this car is merely an expansion of the 2-Series portfolio which currently includes sedan and coupe variants. The Active Tourer is expected to be powered by any of the following engines: a 1.5 liter turbo, a 2-liter turbo seen in the Mini Cooper S, or even a 2.5 liter engine. This car is to be released later this year.
- Citroen C4 Cactus- At first, people dismissed the Cactus as a mere test mule. But as spy photos and a future appearance in the 2014 Autosalon Genf will show, this car seems very much destined to become a production car sooner rather than later. Designed significantly different from the current-generation C4, this car is expected to be the middle product between the C4 and the more upscale DS3. More importantly, the Cactus is scheduled to be the first car to use PSA’s much-hyped Hybrid Air engine.
- Honda Civic Type R- The legendary pocket rocket is about to get an update this 2014. This car is expected to be not too different from the prototypes and test mules seen recently. One of the biggest headlines for this car is the installation of a turbocharged 2.0 liter VTEC engine with direct injection. This powerplant will channel its maximum output of 276 horsepower directly to the front wheels. The performance potential of the 2014 Civic Type R is unquestionable, as Honda is reported to be targeting the Nurburgring lap record for front-wheel drive cars with the help of this car.
- Hyundai Genesis- The Genesis is scheduled for a full makeover for the 2015 model year. This update is forecasted to make an appearance at the 2014 Autosalon Genf, after it stole the show in the 2014 Detroit Motor Show just weeks ago. The Genesis that will show up in Geneva is not expected to be all that different from the one that showed up in Detroit, meaning it would garner more than its fair share of attention. Engine options include a 3.8 liter V6 engine with 311 horsepower and a 5.0 liter V8 engine with 420 horsepower.
- Hyundai Intrado- Hydrogen fuel cell technology has been branded as one of the future technologies for the automobile. Hyundai is about to make a stab on this technology with their latest prototype, the Intrado. This car, created by highly reputed car designer Peter Schreyer, is a small SUV that seems to take aim at cars such as the Nissan Juke, the Volkswagen Tiguan, and the Porsche Macan. The presence of the Intrado is an affirmation of Hyundai’s intention to build and sell fuel cell cars by 2015. Even this early, experts say that the Intrado is one of the must-see cars at Geneva.
- Lamborghini Huracan- This car, scheduled to make its debut at the 2014 Autosalon Genf, has some massive shoes to fill. It is set to be released as a 2015 model as a replacement for the Gallardo, which is one of the most popular Lamborghinis ever created. If there’s any indication from various spy photos and leaks, it is that the Huracan is more than up for the challenge of filling in the Gallardo’s shoes. Utilizing some of the styling cues found in the Aventador, the Huracan has a 5.2 liter V10 engine with a maximum output of 610 horsepower.
- Lexus LF-NX- This car made its first appearance in the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show and is about to make its European debut at the 2014 Autosalon Genf. A high-performance compact crossover, this car seems ready to take aim at present sport crossovers such as the BMW X1 and future sport crossovers such as the Porsche Macan. An all-new turbocharged 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine with an estimated output of 240 horsepower will be installed in the LF-NX. Its unique design is not just aesthetically shocking, but it is also very much functional.
- Mercedes Benz S-Class Coupe- The CL-Class coupe has long been the standard bearer for full-size, 4-seater coupes. However, due to the cancellation of the CL line, a coupe version of the S-Class is being prepared to replace it. A prototype version of this coupe was first seen at the Frankfurt Motor Show, but it is reported that the prototype that will show up at Geneva would be the one closest to the upcoming production model. The standard engine to be used in this car is the 4.7 liter V8 engine found in the S-Class. An AMG version of the coupe is expected to be introduced later in the year as well.
- Mercedes Benz C-Class Estate- The C-Class has long been Mercedes Benz’s bet in the highly-competitive luxury midsize car market. A wagon version of this car, nicknamed the C-Class Estate, is to be formally introduced at the 2014 Autosalon Genf. Designed to compete against contemporaries such as the BMW 3 Series Touring and the Audi A4 Avant, this new wagon is based on the new MRA modular platform that reduces weight and improves driving dynamics. A number of engines are set to be introduced in the C-Class estate, ranging from a 1.6 liter diesel to a 4.0 liter, AMG-tuned V8.
- Mini John Cooper Works- This prototype was first seen in the recently-concluded 2014 Detroit Motor Show. While Mini announced that this car is still a prototype, there are strong indications that the Works is soon to find itself in production very soon. A firmer suspension setup, an aerodynamic body kit, bigger brakes, and an upgraded 2.0 liter turbo engine make the JCW a sportier ride compared to its siblings. As Mini would say themselves, this car is “hardcore driving fun”. This car should garner a lot of interest in its Autosalon Genf appearance.
- Peugeot 308 SW- The estate version of the successful compact car Peugeot 308 is scheduled to be unveiled in the Geneva Motor Show. Setting its sights on compact wagon counterparts such as the Volkswagen Golf and the SEAT Leon, boot space is estimated to be at a class-leading 610 liters. The main engine for this car is the 1.6 liter BlueHDI diesel, which boasts an impressive 85g/km carbon dioxide emission figure.
- Qoros 3 Hatchback- This is the second car (after the 3 Sedan) to be released by upstart Chinese car manufacturer Qoros. The hatchback is based on the same platform as the sedan, but the hatchback is markedly more stylish. Among the modifications done in this car include a new roof, C-pillars, rear side panels, and boot. It is constructed with the same standard as the sedan, which was named by the Euro NCAP as 2013’s safest car. Scheduled to make its debut in the 2014 Autosalon Genf, other details about this car is still under wraps.
- Rinspeed XchangE- This prototype by Swiss car company Rinspeed plays with the idea of creating an autonomously driven car. Said to be modeled after the Tesla Model S, this electric car is slated to be one of the most compelling prototypes to hit the Geneva Motor Show this year. Other than being autonomously driven, the XchangE is also notable for having an interior that rivals those found in the business class of the best trains and airliners.
- Volkswagen Polo- This subcompact car is slated for a facelift just like its stablemate, the Audi A1. The biggest changes would be the addition of adaptive cruise control and adjustable dampers. Engine choices are rumored to be similar to the current engines offered to the Polo, but the inclusion of the 1.0 liter, 3-cylinder engine found in the up! might become an option too. A sporty variant inspired by the Polo’s recent WRC success, the Polo R, might be introduced. A 4-wheel drive system combined with a 2.0 liter TSI engine will make the Polo R a true hot hatch.
Those are just some of the cars expected to make an appearance on the showroom floor of the 2014 Autosalon Genf. More information about participants are expected to be uncovered in the coming weeks, but if this current list serves as any indication, the 84th Geneva Motor Show is guaranteed to be an epic one. The show is scheduled to start at March 6, 2014 and will run until March 16. Don’t miss out on the best the automotive world has to offer. The 2014 Autosalon Genf, just like its previous versions, is shaping up to be epic!
The crisis is finally gone. The U.S economy feels much better and the Cars of the U.S. are in average twelve years old. So absolutely no wonder the the demand is very high. The german manufactures have made a solid and good business. BMW, Mercedes, Audi were pleased during the last years with grow rates from 13 to 22 percent. For the coming year it will continute said the Audi CEO Rupert Stadler.
For the wealthy Americans appreciate quality cars „Made in Germany“ about 90 percent worldwide of the premium segment will be dictated from these three southern German premium brands. Rupert Stadler (CEO from AUDI) said that he’s making good cars and get them well to the customers.
What are the new premiuim Products?
– BMW shows the new 3 and 4 series M model
– Mercedes shows in Detroit the new C Class model
Volkswagen (VW) sold in the U.S. fell by almost seven percent. The CEO from Volkswagen (Martin Winterkorn) is convinced of ist ambitious goals to 2018. They want to be the world leader ahead General Motors and Toyota. Also they plan to place a new SUV for 2016 based fort he North American market. There were two main reasons for the development. First of all the trend of large cars is coming back and the second reason is that the trend towards vehicles with low fuel consumption is available. Also Volkswagen hopes in Detroit to score with his new GOLF R points. It’s a powerful vehicle with 290hp. They want to start bulding it in Mexico and North America from the coming summer.
Here are a lot of resized images of the brand new Cars from the Detroit Auto Show, just Click on it to get the full view.
Detroit has currently not so much luck. First, the bankrupt of the city and then the cold snap and snow storms that sweeps through the former car mecca. So that’s the absolute right time for the Detroit Auto Show 2014. The Detroit Auto Show will start on 13 january 2014 till 26 january 2014. Here you can see some of the upcoming highlights.
Just click on the pictures below to see the full size of the car images. I suggest to take your time to look at these new cars. Do you have planned to visit the Detroit auto show in the mentioned time period? Feel free to share this link with your friends.
Even if there are a lot of people that say that Frankfurt was not one of the most exciting car shows of the year, this does not mean that there were not plenty of interesting things that were able to entertain us.
The 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show did not surprise us with any mysterious unveilings but introducing some cars was as exciting as an unveiling. If you are curious to find out which are our favorite 5 debuts then this is the list:
1. The 918 Spyder
Even if it looked almost identical to the concept that had its debut 2 years ago, this car was pretty incredible and it managed to impress everybody. It has a 4.6 liter V8 which can easily produce 608 hp. It is paired to an electric motor which can add 154 hp extra and even a 127 hp motor up front. In the end the car is able to produce 887 hp and 940 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0 to 62 mph in 2.8 seconds and it is one of the fastest cars on the market.
2. BMW i8
Everybody knew the specs of the BMW i8 before its debut. It has a 1.5 liter turbocharged, three cylinder engine, a six speed automatic transmission and even an electric motor which drives the front wheels. The car is able to produce 362 hp and 320 lb ft. It is able to go from 0 to 62 mph in 4.4 seconds and its top speed is somewhere around 155 mph. Its price is going to start somewhere around $ 135, 925 and it is going to be available next spring.
3. Mercedes GLA
The 2015 GLA crossover was also presented at this motor show and it impressed everybody because of its power train lineup with the CLA-Class and A-Class. The car is very elegant, with a distinguish architecture and it is going to impress a lot of buyers.
4. Audi A3 Cabrio
The new A3 Cabrio is definitely more spacious than its predecessors and more comfortable. You can choose between two engines: a 1.4 liter one or even a 1.8 liter TFSI one. They can produce 140 hp or 180 hp. You are also able to choose your favorite transmission: a seven speed S tronic gearbox or a classic six speed manual transmission which can easily send power to all four wheels.
5. Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Squadra Corse
This car is totally fabulous with a 5.2 liter V10 which produces 570 hp and which is mated to a six speed auto with paddle shifters. The interior is elegant and stylish with tons of Alcantara trim. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds and its top speed is 199 mph. The price of this car is €191.100.
Driven Calgary 2013 presents the Canadian tuner showcases’ wares, which has managed to have as a star an Edo-tuned street legal Maserati MC 12 Corsa.
The new Maserati MC 12 Corsa was unveiled this month at the annual Driven Auto Show in Canada, Calgary. This new amazing car was created after a close collaboration between Maserati and Ferrari’s designer. They managed to create a perfect street car which is not only good looking but also fast and modern. The car was modified in order to become easier to drive and even faster and the most important modifications that were brought to the car were a body kit, ceramic brakes, high flow cat back exhaust, Edo Competition center lock alloys, F1 pistons and even a sequential multi plate performance clutch.
MC12 Corsa is definitely a special vehicle and this is why it won a prize at the show. It was nominated as being the most exotic car at the show and this is definitely a title that it deserves. It competed with a lot of other super cars such as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. They were carefully analyzed and after all their aspect was the most important in establishing a hierarchy. MC12 Corsa is definitely a beautiful car and it has an aspect that cannot pass unnoticed.
If you are a car lover then you should not neglect such an opportunity. You can combine a unique aspect with some incredible technological features and you can easily obtain the car of your dreams. It is not only easy to drive but also comfortable and safe. The car is extremely resistant and you can be sure that no matter what happens you are going to have some amazing chances.
When it comes to the price it may seem a little too big for your budget but one thing is for sure: such a car worth every cent. You can find more details about this aspect on the internet or you can even call them in order to offer you more information. Try to be extremely well informed and do not hurry in investing your money in a car unless you know for sure that it is what you need and what you should have, otherwise, your investment is not going to be a successful one and you will not be able to truly enjoy such a beauty.
The Boston Cars and Coffee meet was held at the Larz Anderson Auto Musem in Brookline, Massachusetts.
The cars were held on the grounds of the museum. The large diversity, from old classics to modern supercars attracted many cars enthusiasts of all ages.
The first event on February 15th, 2009 started with only 80 cars on a winter day. Since then the event become bigger and hosted more than 500 cars from all countries.